Saturday, January 24, 2009

when the BP catches up with BO's BA

No, I didn't fall off a cliff... but in some respects, I feel like I should have pushed this pile of plastic and metal off a ledge into the Grand Canyon.

I finally got my computer back last Wednesday... and I'm still catching up after missing it for almost a month while it sat (off and on) in the shop. It's a very long story that I prefer to forget for the moment.

So, in the absence of my computer, I was unable to blog my thoughts on the (important) event that happened in our country on January 20/2009.

Okay... so... some of you probably think I'm talking about the little UFO sighting that CNN cameras picked up on inauguration day. (Seen it? Take a look...)

It's no secret. I didn't vote for Obama.

And based on the decisions, statements, etc. that I've seen thus far, he's proving me right ...his policies (and other choices) are wrong for this time in our country's history.

He's not an idiot.

So I'm guessing he just doesn't understand how to micromanage and macro manage at the same time... or maybe he's one of those people that just chooses to see the tree instead of the forest?

Popping on my pop-psychology hat I'll give him this... making decisions that affect a wide range of people from an even wider range of backgrounds can be difficult for someone coming from such a dysfunctional background as his.

It takes a lot longer for the BIG PICTURE (BP) to catch up with the BIG AMBITION (BA) that such a background can instill.

But I digress...

Mistakes observed so far:
- Biden
- Vilsack
- Perrelli
- Geithner
- Clinton
- Holder
- tripping on the publicly witnessed oath
- holding a private 2nd oath
- so-called "stimulus" (NOT BY A LONG SHOT, PEOPLE!)
- closing Gitmo
- speedier troop withdrawal
- going up against Rush (this should be interesting)

Although he announced lifting restrictions on abortion funding, it's interesting that there hasn't been any major Roe vs Wade thing announced yet... but maybe he's read Harry Dent's latest book (The Great Depression Ahead: How to Prosper in the Crash Following the Greatest Boom in History) and BO now sees how population demographics affects the Big Picture?

Sidenote: Dent hasn't been all that accurate on the numbers thing, but he didn't factor in the Wall Street shenanigans in his previous book, so it's not surprising that Dent was off by a bit on the timeline (and a LOT on the final numbers) of the last bubble.

But again, I digress.

As much as I want to bite my tongue regarding the so-called stimulus pkg they're trying to ram through congress (and right up the taxpayers' you-know-what) I just can't. It won't work the way some might think. (more on this next week)

To quote Harry Dent, Jr., from a recent interview, "...the dumb money comes in last."

Dent was referring to the Stock Market.

Here's another quote from the same interview that I kind of liked:

"Your life is about to change for reasons outside of your control. You can't change the direction of the winds, but you can reset your sails!"

Oh well... when the BP catches up with BO's BA, maybe we'll see a course correction?

No comments: