Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ode to Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson passed away just over 50 minutes ago at ACLU Medical Center. Farrah Fawcett slipped away early this morning.

It is a sad day in the Entertainment world; a sad day in Hollywood, California.

I think, to sum up the mix of emotions, it would be a good day for me to share with visitors to this blog, my favorite poem as a tribute to both Farrah and Michael. May they both rest in peace. My sincere condolences to family, friends and fans.

How Angels Are Born

Whose heart deserves to glow?
Whose soul deserves to shine?
Have I been good enough
For this soul of mine?

Have I helped as many
From all the souls I've met,
To earn a pair of wings
And a halo yet?

Have I touched the hearts
Of those who need it most?
Have I helped inspire...
From coast to coast to coast?

Each day I shall work harder
For this is my job on earth...
And I'm told it is the secret
To give an angel birth.

Copyright 1998, Karen August
(Posted here with permission.)


I leave you with this quote by Albert Schweitzer, knowing how many people have been touched by both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson...
"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lit the flame within us."

Farewell Farrah.

Farewell Michael.

For all you have inspired through your talents, may you both find the Peace and joy you seek. You will be missed.

No comments: