Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Yes It Is My Birthday

Soon I will be able to say that I witnessed half a century go by on this planet... but not today. I'm one year shy of the big five oh.

Strangely, I don't feel that old.

Even my Wii Fit said I don't seem that old... it gave me a "Fitness" age of only 39 this morning. Of course, that was before I completed the 30 minute workout in Strength and Yoga exercises that I've been working on.

Now I feel my age in every aching joint and tendon!

So, I'm taking it a bit easy today. I'm reading "The 5000 Year Leap: A Miracle That Changed the World" that my husband and son got me for my birthday. I'm only 59 pages into it and I've already marked 4 quotes that resonate with me.

The last is a quote from Benjamin Franklin who wrote:
"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
I wonder what he would think of today's America and the fact that some appear to believe we need such a massive Government? Would he think we have become corrupt and vicious and therefore in need of masters? Is that what the Washington crowd believes of the rest of the nation? I wonder...

Random thought -- did you know that every Tuesday at noon the air raid sirens sound off in San Francisco? Apparently, you can set your watch by it.

Seriously. Check it out:

Every Tuesday at noon, San Francisco tests the Outdoor Warning System. During the test the siren emits a 15 second alert tone. In an actual emergency, the siren tone will cycle repeatedly for 5 minutes. [link]

Sorry... my mind is wandering a bit today. Too much on my mind to get back on track.

Did you see this story today? - "Gov't runs April deficit for first time since '83"

Spend, Baby, Spend!

Sheesh!

A friend of mine sent me a link to this video -- a must see: "Is Anyone Minding the Store at the Federal Reserve?"

It is only a little over 5 minutes long, time well spent once you understand the implications for us all.

Actually, it ties into the BIG FAT LIE I've been hinting about since Tuesday, April 28, 2009.

The lie came out. It was neatly and swiftly presented. Most journalists (as I guessed would happen) gave it nothing more than cursory coverage... a mere blip on the radar screen of mass media.

And then... well, then... life went on like nothing happened.

I predict that in about 12 to 16 months everyone is going to start screaming about it. I mean, it was truly quite stunning how deftly they managed to lie with statistics and deliver a completely different painting for the public. They made it look so easy! Seriously. It took my breath away.

If you look at their picture regarding the so-called "stress tests" and then you check around other sites looking at a different point of view regarding total credit exposure, the contrast is really quite stunning.

For one example, here is another stress test result from an independent body that paints an entirely different picture:



Isn't it funny how Goldman Sachs was found to be "healthy" according to the Fed stress tests, and yet, when you look at the above they are the worst of them all?

Look for the story behind the story.

When they scrape more billions from your pockets and don't tell you where they are sliding those billions, keep the above chart in mind.

Hmmmmmm....

You think, maybe, that's where the missing money went from the Federal Reserve?

Nah! That would imply collusion and all sorts of messy legal implications, dontcha think?

You betcha!

SIDENOTE: If you're wondering why I keep using the phrase "you betcha" all the time lately, it's because at my age -- I can wear purple if I want -- and I like getting my little digs in against the mass media that took such glee in steamrolling over Palin and her family. They're still trying to keep her quiet and bashing her every chance they get. I'll have more on that in a future post.

For now, I'm going to wander off humming ..."Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me..."

No comments: