Thursday, September 22, 2005

It's official... I'm going "back to school" at home

Phase 3 of my copywriting career begins in about 5 to 7 days...

That's when my first installment of course material arrives as I go back to school and take my copywriting to the next level. By the time I've completed everything in the way of correspondance training, mentoring, coaching --- and occasional live seminars --- I'll have spent over $39,000 building my skills.

But of course, that doesn't include the costly mistakes I made along the way *hahaha*

Don't get "sticker-shock" by the hefty price tag above. The amount includes:
- resource books I've purchased over a 14 year period
- correspondance courses I've purchased/completed over a 7 year period
- and some live seminars that weren't specifically targeted to copywriting but more geared to both self-development seminars as well as general marketing seminars (optional - not mandatory).

The way I see it is this:

Currently, I'm earning just slightly under $89,000/yr --- mostly in writing royalties from past work --- before upgrading my skills with this new course. After the course, I should realistically be able to quadruple that income.

One thing IS for certain, my rates are doubling as of October 1, 2005, and my special "deals" for any hourly work for existing clients will no longer be available. (Sorry about that, guys... but you knew it would happen sooner or later, right?)

It is, after all, a VERY tough course with written assignments that have to be turned in as well as some strong one-on-one coaching, mentoring and peer/group assessments and reviews --- worth a boost in my rates the way I see it.

To be honest, the residual income/size of our other home based business is experiencing MASSIVE momentum right now ...and it's going up -- up -- and up... so quite frankly, I don't really HAVE to write to put food on the table right now if I didn't really want to. I do it more because of my passion for it. I simply LOVE the challenge of getting higher and higher and higher conversions for our business, as well as others. It's a real THRILL!

I'm feeling a bit hungry right now. Time to go grab a bite to eat.

Oh, and Mom --- if you are reading this --- I told you that some day I'd be making a fortune writing. Do you believe me now? *smile*

No comments: