Thursday, September 15, 2005

I've Decided I Don't Like Writing For Lead Generation Firms

I have one small job left to write for one Lead Generation firm, after which I think I'll call it quits doing further business with firms such as these.

Why?

Because, my copywriting mission statement is: "Conversions with integrity."

When this particular lead generation company asked me to accept a project to write a complete customized landing page/system for a company I felt was not ethical, I said --- "Sorry, no can do..."

Now, don't get me wrong... there are some companies this firm works for that are highly respectable and who simply don't know how to find prospective clients and/or customers on the Internet. I respect that, and I know it makes sense for such firms to hire firms who specialize in finding those prospects for them.

However, the bottom line is it all boils down to --- ethics, values and morals.

Personally, I feel most Lead Generation firms don't match my personal ethics, values and morals --- the codes by which I live. I've turned down several other clients on the same basis. I want to feel good about the work I do, and the people/companies I choose to work with. I want to know my work is "helping" the world and not indirectly hurting anyone.

So, chop about $10,000 out of my income for the remainder of this year. Not much when you consider how much I earn through clients/companies who do align with my personal "code" of standards.

Too judgemental on my part? Perhaps. But just having made the decision, I feel certain I'm going to sleep better and feel happier about my work at home career when I wake up tomorrow.

Have a great day!

No comments: