Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Adding AdSense Slashed Our Profits

You know... running tests is something copywriters tend to do a LOT of... and the last 3 weeks I've been testing out the AdSense cash generation machine.

Things were getting pretty exciting as I watched our extra income from my little test climbing to more than $5.00 a day ... and that was only with the ad code place on about 4% of all our pages.

Not bad, I thought to myself... until I checked my stats for conversions on a very important page. Sales dropped by a whopping 80%!!! And worse... ranking on some important engines started sliding downhill (although it went up on a few ... you can guess which ones).

So, tonight in a panic, I flipped the switch off on that one page.

I'll be back to report the results next month on how all of this turns out.

Until then, my thoughts? Don't sacrifice conversions for a little extra income. Although, you probably already knew that, didn't you?

Not much of a PowerTip ...but thought I'd share it anyway. Have a super day!

PS: I guess I should give you the page that I'm testing. It's nutrition products at Best Liquid Vitamins. Hey... while you're there, check out the Goji Juice. Man-oh-man that's one of the hottest sizzle products I've seen come along in a very long time. If you haven't checked it out yet, you're missing some massive potential income!!!

Until next time... go forth and prosper!

No comments: