Monday, January 17, 2005

Steady Flow Of Constant Interruptions

Here it is, almost 9:30 a.m. ...I've been up since 6:00 a.m. trying to get a jump on things today, and already I've had 12 interruptions from my DH, whom also works full time from home.

Our son is not yet awake, but soon will be, and that's when the major interruptions will begin...

For those who don't know it, I'm a copywriter.

And right now, I have 10 major projects sitting on my desk, all of which have deadlines for completion coming up within days and weeks. Everything has to be completed for my clients by the end of the month.

Those of you who make a living writing for others know how frustrating even one interruption can be ... especially when you're doing sequential message sets for clients. Your flow gets slammed each time someone asks a question, or even says hello.

Tuning out the interruptions only makes things worse, sometimes... because they get even more demanding.

What to do?

Well, I have a few tricks I use --- have to --- consider them survival tools :-)

I'll be back later to post a few of them.

Right now, I have to dash off to work!

Have a super day!


No comments: